Lending art for an exhibition in Sweden!
Dear Graham Arader:
Thank you very much for your gracious note.
This afternoon I spent two hours with Walton Ford, who was enthusiastic about participating in this exhibition as well. He sang your praises and I was happy to be able to share with him that you and I had just now established email contact.
Bera Nordal, Director of the Nordiska Akvarellmuseet (copied here) and I would be very interested to discuss with you the potential loan of works by Maria Sibylla Merian. Because the museum is devoted to watercolor, we are especially interested in original watercolor paintings - but if there are hand-colored etchings that might be another option. Can you let us know what works might be potentially available?
Tomorrow, Thursday, I will meet with the registrars at the American Museum of Natural History in the morning and Morgan Library in the afternoon. If you are available on Friday morning, I could return to the gallery and perhaps we could meet in person. I am in New York because I am participating on a panel at the Japan Society on Saturday, organized in conjunction with an exhibition that I curated at the Noguchi Museum (reviewed in Monday's Wall Street Journal). If Friday is inconvenient, we will be back on another occasion.
Thanks again.
best wishes from California and from Sweden,
Mark


Comments
Post a Comment