One of my dreams have come true! Poly Prep is going to be an arboretum!

Hi Graham,

My name is Brian Filiatraut. I am the Director of Sustainability at Poly Prep, and, firstly, I wanted to thank you for your generous and beautiful donation of the beech and cypress trees. They look amazing.

I'd like to start a dialogue between us by floating an idea to you concerning how best to see your lovely gift reach our faculty and students and really come alive, potentially, in our curriculum and beyond.

One idea that comes to mind is establishing Poly as an arboretum. I looked at how to register / become a recognized arboretum through ArbNet, the official Morton Register of Arboreta, which is the most recognized organization for such a designation; all of the NYC botanical gardens are registered through ArbNet. It doesn't seem too arduous to register / become accredited, and it seems it would fit into Audrius's plans of Poly being a hub for South Brooklyn.

Let me know if this sounds good and if you'd like to chat about this and brainstorm up other ideas. 

Thank you, and have a great week,
Brian

Brian Filiatraut
Director of Sustainability
Poly Prep Country Day School
Dyker Heights Campus
9216 Seventh Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11228
Park Slope Campus
50 Prospect Park West
Brooklyn, NY 11215
718.836.9800 x3120

Comments