Law and order in NYC

Every day I walk from my home at 1016 Madison Avenue to the Battery at the end of Manhattan. 5.8miles each way.  Takes me about 4 hours and mostly at night.
The city has mostly been empty.  Sometimes during all those 4 hours, I see 100 people and cars!!!  Normally it would be hundreds of thousands. 
The flower arrangements are amazing.  And so are the police.  They are on every 4th or 5th corner watching.   When they see someone stealing from a grocery store, they put on white gloves, run up to the thief, violently push him to the ground and then walk away.  The person on the ground doesnt get up because he is unconscious.   Old fashioned law and order!

I love it here but many, many of my friends are moving to Florida.   Taxes are just too high and this virus is the final straw.  Used to be that Jewish people would only move when they were being persecuted.  But a 60% tax rate for Fed, State, City and Real Estate is just too much 

This city is doomed if the Carl Ichan's of this great city leave.  He was paying $200,000,000 a year in taxes.  Now he is gone.

Tragic. 

Comments