A great film and book critic from the NY Times comes by the gallery today and brings back memories of my cherished relationship with the best Newspaper Publisher of the 20th century.

 Thank you for your much appreciated loyalty over the last 21 years.  Lori and I would love to visit your collection anytime convenient for you.


The Croy / Montigny watercolors on vellum that you saw can be sold individually for $50,000 each.  Professor J W Smit, the Queen Wilhelmina Professor of History at Columbia University, made two special trips to Europe for me.  He was unable to find anything remotely close to the size and beauty of these compelling records of the Croy family holdings. 

We do have other examples from this corpus that we would be delighted to show you and would extend a 20% discount from our listed prices. 
But it is my feeling that you will discover that the top two that you saw today are excellent value.   Hope you decide to add them to your home. 

It was moving that you brought back memories of how much my relationship with Mr. Sulzberger meant to me.  What a fine leader brimming with humanity he was.  In an extraordinary coincidence, I happened to be having dinner at Parioli Romanissimo on 81st Street on the very evening that Mr. Sulzberger passed the role of Publisher on to his son at the table next to me!  So I was the first to meet young Arthur in his new position. 

Lori and I hope to see you again when convenient for you.  She remembers you with fondness.

Truly

Graham
Arader Galleries, 1016 Madison Avenue, NYC

Comments