ROADTRIP

I remember every second of every college trip with my four children. And so do my children. More than plays, sports events, family outings, the college road trip is a rite beyond all others except perhaps for a college graduation. Every comment, event, slightly moldy hotel room, bland meal in the college dining room, conversation, student dress, weird admissions staff will be remembered by all of you 15 years from now like it happened the day before - at least it is for me and my children. It is the beginning of the beginning of an end that never ever really happens completely. It was the best time I ever spent with my son by far.

So happy to know that this precious adventure is upon you.

I beg you all to leave your cell phones with your secretaries. If they tell callers what you are doing, EVERYONE will understand.

Comments