From: graham arader 
Date: Thursday, March 21, 2013
Subject: Re:


Thank you Georges.

This e mail to you is being sent to Greg as well to give him full disclosure and keep him fully informed.  It is also my intention that he read the stream of e mails between us that resulted in our visit yesterday.  

My dream is to have a man of your stature and creativity teach 17 to 26 year old students an appreciation of the natural world and the history of discovery and ideas using original art hanging in the classrooms.

You have already succeeded at Northeastern University.  Other programs are fully established at the University of Florida.  Programs are in the process of being formed at the University of South Carolina with a 30m gift from me, the University of Tennessee with a 5m gift from me, Prescott College with a 2m gift, Franklin College with a 1m gift, Marymount College with a 500k gift.

The formal legal agreements between me and these institutions will be sent to you to serve as possible templates for UCI to use as the foundation between UCI and me.  They will also serve as tools for the full due diligence that you are expected to perform on my assertions.

This letter will confirm my offer of a 1m gift to UCI. 

Original woodcuts, engravings, lithographs and chromolithographs from the 16th through the 20th  centuries are excellent teaching tools inspiring and exciting students.  They also add great style and gravitas to the enviornment of the school.   My end goal is to give our young strong incentives to value their citizenship and to work with the enhancement of the United States always in mind.

There is no question that the great visible art collections at Yale, Harvard, Oxford and Cambridge are powerful tools to incentifize love of school and country that only increases with age.

My collection of the original watercolors of these iconic images of the natural world is the finest ever formed numbering over 7000.  It would appraise in the range of 180m. That is my firm guarantee.  I will sell it for 60m.  Someone in the 40 percent tax bracket would thus save 64m in taxes if they were to give it to UCI a year after buying it from me.  

The acquisition of this collection would give the acquiring institution international status and create a magnet for all serious students, researchers and professors.  

Thank you Georges for giving me this precious oportunity to make my presentation to you yesterday.

Your inspiration is profound.

Warmly

Graham


Graham Arader
29 East 72nd Street
New York, NY
10021

Grahamarader@gmail.com


On Wednesday, March 20, 2013, Georges Van Den Abbeele wrote:
Hey Graham, it was an wonderful thrill to see you again today, as well as Abigail, and to meet the charming and sharp Josephine.  You are incredible and we look forward to deepening our collaboration and friendship with all of you.  Hope you are enjoying the lovely Shutters in Santa Monica, the one spot in southern California I love even more than here.  Very best to all of you!  Georges


> On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 8:39 PM, Georges Van Den Abbeele  wrote:
> Thanks Graham, I do think we can work something out and really make your dream come alive.  See you Wednesday,  best, Georges
>
> On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 9:52 PM, graham arader <grahamarader@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Georges and Beryl
>
> Very exciting.  Am very much looking forward to seeing you this Wednesday.  My airtran flight gets in to the orange county airportat 911 am and I have already rented a car.
>
> So I should be arriving at your office around 1015 or so!
>
> To be honest, I have just made a $30,000,000 committment to the University of South Carolina but there is till a vast amount of artwork left.  They have made a huge committment to me and are now
> trying to buy the whole Natural History watercolor collection from me in the range of $60,000,000.
>
> However, we all know that Irvine is the superior school and you group of professors is very impressive.  So I am higly motivated to work something out.
>
> Just wanted to give you full disclosure.
>
> Fondly, faithfully,
>
> Graham

Comments