Thank You From My Good Friend Barney Lipscomb For An Amazing Lecture He Made At LSU Libraries





From: Barney Lipscomb 
Date: Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 6:10 PM
Subject: RE: Fwd:
To: graham arader <grahamarader@gmail.com>


Hello Graham,

Yesterday, was Thursday, 21 April and by 9am I was in a classroom at TCU giving a lecture for a biology professor and by 4pm I was on the LSU campus, and by 7:30pm I was speaking to a room full distinguished guests, library staff, some faculty, donors, and members of the LSU Libraries board of directors. Thanks to Stanley Wilder (and of course to you) I was the invited guest speaker at the first LSU Libraries Annual Appreciation dinner. The evening kicked off at 6pm in the Lod Cook Alumni Center. There a beautiful room was filled with eloquently set tables with white tablecloth and gorgeous floral center pieces including roses.  One side of the room was lined with easels displaying botanical paintings and prints of Margaret Stones (Flora of Louisiana).  The room was full of folks who love libraries, books, and art and science. Prior to the dinner and lecture, I carefully moved through the room meeting, greeting, and introducing myself to as many of the distinguished guests as possible; individuals were telling me how excited they were to be a part of this inaugural evening for LSU libraries and they couldn’t wait to hear the lecture. One lady said, “I’d read all about you online and I know the lecture is going to be GREAT!” And it didn’t take me long to meet Dean Stanley Wilder and we hit it off. There is no doubt in my mind that the passionate delivery of the lecture (Art and Science of Redoute) shocked everyone in the room. I think Stanley will tell you that people were stunned and mesmerized. One guest told me after the lecture even the waiters and bartenders looked amazed as if they had never heard anything like this before.

Stanley told me he was very pleased with the event and the lecture. So, I think you’ll hear from Stanley that the evening was a success.

Will keep you posted friend!

Best,
--Barney

From: graham arader [mailto:grahamarader@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2016 4:25 PM
To: Barney Lipscomb
Subject: Fwd:

how did it go Barney?
see below
warmly
Graham
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: graham arader
Date: Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 5:23 PM
Subject:
To: Stanley J Wilder, "Michael A. Mouron", Walter Arader

Hi Stanley

Thank you so much for arranging for my dear friend, Barney Lipscomb, to speak at LSU.  It is wonderful that you have decided to take my advice and get Barney to help convince your administration and faculty that an understanding of Linnaeus and his influence is worthwhile for a major University such as LSU. 

Needless to say, it would mean a great deal to me to hear the reaction.

You have stepped up and I am very thankful.

Best and warmest regards,

Graham


Arader Galleries
1016 Madison
NYC

Comments