Wonderful Note to Partner with the College of Colorado

From: Tamara Bentley
Date: Fri, May 20, 2016 at 6:19 PM
Subject: Tamara Bentley touching base, did my March 15th e-mail go through? If not, my apologies!
To: Graham Arader <grahamarader@gmail.com>

May 20th, 2016

Dear Mr. Graham Arader and Ms. Morgan Beckwith,


I am so sorry for the long delay in our communication--I really enjoyed meeting you both at the gallery in March when I visited with my mother. I sent a rather long-winded note to Morgan at her gmail address on Friday March 25th, but I have come to think that perhaps that note did not go through?

In any case, I mainly wanted to say that I am grateful to you both for making time for creatively dialoging with me that day in the gallery, and for your willingness to possibly share a discussion of your treasures with our Colorado College students.  (I should mention that I was able to pick up the China at the Center: Ricci and Verbiest World Maps book when I was at the bookstore at the Met. I was very happy to see it there, and brought it home with me to read on the plane. Very, very fascinating.)

Also, I was wondering if I might propose a date when I might bring a small group of my students by the gallery? A date that would work really well for our Colorado College group would be Friday, October 14th. If that date could work for you, I could either bring them by at 10:30 in the morning, or around 1:30 in the afternoon. If you have scheduling conflicts at that time, we could also think about other dates and times. If a visit in mid October works for you, I might have as few as 4 students with me, or as many as 7.

Meantime, I will be back in New York on Friday June 24th--possibly I could come by the gallery? I could also come by on Saturday June 25th. I would love to talk about which pieces Mr. Arader and/or Morgan and/or I might discuss with the Colorado College students should it work for them to come by the Arader gallery in the Fall.


I look forward to hearing from either or both of you on your thoughts. Hope you are enjoying some lovely late Spring/early Summer days.

With all best wishes!

Tamara (Bentley)
Colorado College Art Dept.

Comments