University of Tennessee - Department of Geography

Dear Graham,

Many thanks for the kind words. I really enjoy teaching, and consider it to be my most important job at the university.

Thank you for considering to offer additional maps to UT. By the end of the month, I'm supposed to meet with several people from the museum, so I will definitely discuss this with them.

Incidentally, the maps are getting additional rave reviews. We're in the process of interviewing candidates for two open positions: in GIScience and remote sensing. As part of my meetings with each candidate, I provide a tour of our building and mention the maps. To a person, they are impressed. On Tuesday, one candidate offered, "This is so impressive. I've never seen this in a geography department. Do you realize this map is over 300 years old?" 

I totally understand about the maps and the IRS. I'll chat with the professors to work out a solution, and let you know soon.

Thanks again. I also hope that we can meet when my travels bring me to New York.

All the best,

Ron

Comments