passions, addictions, being possessed, NVIDA

 Alcohol, marijuana, nicotine, coke, sugar, racial hatred, opium, herion, sex, learning, work, love of our children and wives, gaming are some of the major passions that possess us. 

For me it has been the study of history and actually owning the material culture that directly illustrates man's progress.  It is just as exciting for me to acquire something new as it was out of my room at Yale 54 years ago.    And right now I am the best in the world at this by a wide margin.  It feels good.  And my gifts to Universities are generating 2000 graded papers a year.  That feels even better!  I am doing good creating interest in learning about the natural world and exploration. 
It concerns me that President Xi Jinping has started to substantially restrict gaming in China and that NO Apple parents allow gaming in their homes.
Is Xi's recent actions the reason for the recent decline in NVIDA stock?  I think so.  

I have yet to see any redeeming social value to gaming.  So NVIDA is selling a stimulus that is of no benefit to man whatsoever.

I have a minor but not a major problem with this IF you feel that NVIDA is the best "dealer" out there.   It just becomes an investment decision.  Do you think that management truly understands what they are doing? Certainly Steve Balmer understood it at Microsoft with his creation of XBOX much to the horror of Bill Gates.

Comments