We have a new catalog on Germantown and its publishing history. Would you like one? What follows is what I learned from my research.

 The lesson I have learned in my research during the last 50 years is that ONCE Americans were deeply proud of their German Heritage.  They comprised 29% of the USA population - the largest percentage of any nationality.


There were libraries, museums, societies, organizations, schools, universities devoted to German culture UNTIL Hitler.   I have over 1000 books on this subject. 
But Hitler's and the German population's atrocities killed all pride of German heritage.   And the Nuremberg trials illustrated it to the world.  The drop off in cachet was shocking for me to observe. 

Still, the contributions of Germans to the USA are profound.  But what Germans did ruined them forever.   It can be explained but never forgiven. 

Comments