My excuse for being a fair father, husband, teacher, mentor, donor, conservator to a dear friend who has suggested that my heart be opened to a confusing event.

In the 16th and 17th century the 11 French Kings (Louis XII, Francis 1, Henry 2, Francis 2, Charles 9, Henry 3, Henry 4, Louis XII, Louis XIV, Louis XV and Louis XVI) and the immediate members of their families were the only ones allowed to own the Velin du Roi - the watercolors on vellum of birds and flowers. Much to my embarrassment, this very, very high level of quality has been the driving force of my life for over 58 years. And luckily for me very, very few other rich people have figured this out. Most collectors are the victims of social media and marketing. The classic example of this pr genius is lonely women who are delighted to pay $18,000 for handbags that cost $185 to manufacture. Until you have brilliantly suggested that I do so, no one at all has been taught how to appreciate this genre. So my record as a husband, father, friend, donor, teacher, mentor, conservator is fair at best so strong is my passion for the very,, very finest natural history watercolors in the world. A visit to 1016 Madison Ave in NYC will give you the opportunity to see the most beautiful and important natural history watercolors in the world. Truly Graham Arader Galleries, 1016 Madison, NYC

Comments